Many ag groups applaud Senate’s passage of farm bill
Kathryn Boor, food scientist and the dean of Cornell University’s top-ranked College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, commended Congress for passing a farm bill.
Boor said, "Agriculture is a cornerstone of our economy, and having a farm bill in hand offers stability to farmers, producers, and consumers alike. This is an important accomplishment, and though it took too long for us to arrive here, Congress can count this as a success.
“The elimination of the direct payment program and the modifications in crop insurance resources do not change a fundamental truth – farming is an enterprise filled with risk, and farmers, regardless of the scale of their business, must be forward-thinking and proactive in their efforts, all of which culminate in the food on our table."
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics