Managing weather and marketing risk in 2013
The challenge for farmers will be how weather and marketing risk is managed. The spring guarantees for crop insurance will be set during the month of February, and crop insurance sign-up is from March 1 to March 15, if you are a first timer, or are changing your arrangements.
While USDA reported that grain stocks will be tight, global demand is being re-focused from the US to South American supplies and US exports are expected to soon diminish in their volume.
However, the 2013 crop will soon be planted, and prices could be substantially lower than the 2012 crop with larger production anticipated. Weather risk will have to be managed and Eastern Cornbelt farmers have had more moisture than those to the west.
Crop insurance remains an option for all, and the sign-up deadline is March 15 for spring planted row crops.
Source: FarmGate blog
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Blend Towers
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company