Maize Genetics and Genomics Database report progress
Given the massive amount of data, MaizeGDB works to develop tools to help researchers locate the information necessary for their work in a more time and cost efficient manner.
“This volume of data challenges the capabilities of your typical relational database,” explained Gardiner. “This data comes from the USDA-ARS as well as projects funded by the National Science Foundation. In the future, we also expect to be receiving data from the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center located in El Batan, Mexico. To make that data more useful, we are employing strategies that allow us to preselect the lines or specific chromosomal regions in which we are interested. These software tools allow us to focus in on a narrower slice of the data, thus making it more manageable.”
Gardiner then explained that SNPs can also be used for direct comparison between corn genomes thus showing the differences which have developed and how closely they may be related. While progress is still ongoing, the work being done will result in a tool which aides researchers in their work providing America’s corn farmers with high yielding, sturdy seed varieties that can thrive even in less than optimal conditions.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Avoid contaminating seed super boxes in handling
- U.N. warns food security a risk to Asia-Pacific
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Vietnam cuts rice export price floor, eyes Manila tender
- Ag markets turned decidedly mixed Tuesday morning
- Calculations for March 1 corn stocks estimate
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company