MBI establishes International Science Advisory Panel
Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc., a leading global provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products, announced the establishment of an International Science Advisory Panel (ISAP).
Emeritus Professor Alison Stewart, MBI Chief Science Officer, explains its mission, "MBI believes it is essential to have rigorous external critique of our strategic and operational framework. The ISAP will provide a powerful vehicle for driving innovation and it will enable us to keep a pulse on the global biopesticide research landscape and stay at the leading edge of this burgeoning industry."
The panel is comprised of recognized leading authorities in a variety of scientific disciplines. Their broad expertise will be key in fulfilling the panel's role to provide strategic advice on R&D approaches and directions, offer technical input on new technologies and give critical commentary on global opportunities and threats in the biopesticide area.
Members of the International Science Advisory Panel and their areas of expertise are:
- Professor Lodovica Gullino—Director Agroinnova, University of Torino, Italy; plant disease biocontrol.
- Professor Gabriele Berg—Graz University of Technology, Austria; microbiology.
- Professor Emeritus Richard A. Sikora —University of Bonn, Germany; nematology.
- Dr. Trevor Jackson—AgResearch, New Zealand; entomology.
- Emeritus Professor Roberta L. Farrell—University of Waikato, New Zealand; biochemistry.
- Professor William Fenical—University of California, San Diego, USA; natural product chemistry.
- Alan Knowles—Director & Principal Consultant, FORM-AK Ltd, UK; formulation science and technology.
- Professor Orlando J. Rojas—North Carolina State University, USA; formulation engineering.
- Emeritus Professor Baruch Rubin—Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel; weed science.
- Professor Dr. Henk Noorman—DSM Biotechnology Center, The Netherlands; bioprocessing technology.
- Junge Control introduces Zone Automation
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- Tool helps track insects blowing in the wind
- FAO calls for “paradigm shift” toward sustainable agriculture
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Weed seed present at harvest offers weed control opportunity
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto