MBI establishes International Science Advisory Panel
Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc., a leading global provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products, announced the establishment of an International Science Advisory Panel (ISAP).
Emeritus Professor Alison Stewart, MBI Chief Science Officer, explains its mission, "MBI believes it is essential to have rigorous external critique of our strategic and operational framework. The ISAP will provide a powerful vehicle for driving innovation and it will enable us to keep a pulse on the global biopesticide research landscape and stay at the leading edge of this burgeoning industry."
The panel is comprised of recognized leading authorities in a variety of scientific disciplines. Their broad expertise will be key in fulfilling the panel's role to provide strategic advice on R&D approaches and directions, offer technical input on new technologies and give critical commentary on global opportunities and threats in the biopesticide area.
Members of the International Science Advisory Panel and their areas of expertise are:
- Professor Lodovica Gullino—Director Agroinnova, University of Torino, Italy; plant disease biocontrol.
- Professor Gabriele Berg—Graz University of Technology, Austria; microbiology.
- Professor Emeritus Richard A. Sikora —University of Bonn, Germany; nematology.
- Dr. Trevor Jackson—AgResearch, New Zealand; entomology.
- Emeritus Professor Roberta L. Farrell—University of Waikato, New Zealand; biochemistry.
- Professor William Fenical—University of California, San Diego, USA; natural product chemistry.
- Alan Knowles—Director & Principal Consultant, FORM-AK Ltd, UK; formulation science and technology.
- Professor Orlando J. Rojas—North Carolina State University, USA; formulation engineering.
- Emeritus Professor Baruch Rubin—Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel; weed science.
- Professor Dr. Henk Noorman—DSM Biotechnology Center, The Netherlands; bioprocessing technology.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease