MBI establishes International Science Advisory Panel
Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc., a leading global provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products, announced the establishment of an International Science Advisory Panel (ISAP).
Emeritus Professor Alison Stewart, MBI Chief Science Officer, explains its mission, "MBI believes it is essential to have rigorous external critique of our strategic and operational framework. The ISAP will provide a powerful vehicle for driving innovation and it will enable us to keep a pulse on the global biopesticide research landscape and stay at the leading edge of this burgeoning industry."
The panel is comprised of recognized leading authorities in a variety of scientific disciplines. Their broad expertise will be key in fulfilling the panel's role to provide strategic advice on R&D approaches and directions, offer technical input on new technologies and give critical commentary on global opportunities and threats in the biopesticide area.
Members of the International Science Advisory Panel and their areas of expertise are:
- Professor Lodovica Gullino—Director Agroinnova, University of Torino, Italy; plant disease biocontrol.
- Professor Gabriele Berg—Graz University of Technology, Austria; microbiology.
- Professor Emeritus Richard A. Sikora —University of Bonn, Germany; nematology.
- Dr. Trevor Jackson—AgResearch, New Zealand; entomology.
- Emeritus Professor Roberta L. Farrell—University of Waikato, New Zealand; biochemistry.
- Professor William Fenical—University of California, San Diego, USA; natural product chemistry.
- Alan Knowles—Director & Principal Consultant, FORM-AK Ltd, UK; formulation science and technology.
- Professor Orlando J. Rojas—North Carolina State University, USA; formulation engineering.
- Emeritus Professor Baruch Rubin—Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel; weed science.
- Professor Dr. Henk Noorman—DSM Biotechnology Center, The Netherlands; bioprocessing technology.
- CF Industries terminates merger discussions with Yara Intl.
- Abengoa celebrates grand opening of its first biofuels plant
- NAWG calls for more biotech wheat research
- Iowa leaders issue critical statement on EPA’s WOTUS rule
- GMO labeling foes spend big on campaigns in Oregon, Colorado
- Accelerating harvesting depressed crop futures Sunday night
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- Take That, Red Baron
- Understand and adapt to different communication styles
- Offshore wind farms are the future, says Statkraft CEO
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals