MBI establishes International Science Advisory Panel
Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc., a leading global provider of bio-based pest management and plant health products, announced the establishment of an International Science Advisory Panel (ISAP).
Emeritus Professor Alison Stewart, MBI Chief Science Officer, explains its mission, "MBI believes it is essential to have rigorous external critique of our strategic and operational framework. The ISAP will provide a powerful vehicle for driving innovation and it will enable us to keep a pulse on the global biopesticide research landscape and stay at the leading edge of this burgeoning industry."
The panel is comprised of recognized leading authorities in a variety of scientific disciplines. Their broad expertise will be key in fulfilling the panel's role to provide strategic advice on R&D approaches and directions, offer technical input on new technologies and give critical commentary on global opportunities and threats in the biopesticide area.
Members of the International Science Advisory Panel and their areas of expertise are:
- Professor Lodovica Gullino—Director Agroinnova, University of Torino, Italy; plant disease biocontrol.
- Professor Gabriele Berg—Graz University of Technology, Austria; microbiology.
- Professor Emeritus Richard A. Sikora —University of Bonn, Germany; nematology.
- Dr. Trevor Jackson—AgResearch, New Zealand; entomology.
- Emeritus Professor Roberta L. Farrell—University of Waikato, New Zealand; biochemistry.
- Professor William Fenical—University of California, San Diego, USA; natural product chemistry.
- Alan Knowles—Director & Principal Consultant, FORM-AK Ltd, UK; formulation science and technology.
- Professor Orlando J. Rojas—North Carolina State University, USA; formulation engineering.
- Emeritus Professor Baruch Rubin—Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel; weed science.
- Professor Dr. Henk Noorman—DSM Biotechnology Center, The Netherlands; bioprocessing technology.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning