MANA Crop Protection launches Vulcan insecticide
One of the most extensively-researched crop protection products on the market, chlorpyrifos has more than 5,000 studies supporting its continued use across the globe. In 2006, the compound underwent a rigorous re-registration process with the EPA that included passing a stringent evaluation for potential human health and environmental impacts.
As the active ingredient in MANA Crop Protection's new Vulcan, chlorpyrifos offers the time-tested ode of action that is an integral part of insecticide resistance management programs, a tool widely-endorsed by leading entomologists and university experts.
"Growers depend on chlorpyrifos for integrated pest management success because of its broad-spectrum effectiveness, flexibility of use under varying delivery systems and relatively short existence in the environment after use," Miller says. "Vulcan is a step in the right direction which gives growers and the agricultural industry exactly what's needed in the most affordable and environmentally-friendly way."
- Plant health improvement agents help growers do more with less
- Ag markets suffered a general divergence Wednesday
- Scientists throw light on the mechanism of plants’ ticking clock
- Stress-tolerant tomato relative sequenced
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Farmer community forum focused on farmer data