MANA, CSI file suit against BASF for contempt of court
The Federal Circuit’s unanimous decision authorized MANA and CSI with the continuation of U.S. marketplace activity and customer engagement in relation to Taurus SC product sales.
BASF has maintained allegations dating back to April 2010, of patent infringement against MANA and CSI in regards to the Taurus SC brand. Both in the district and the appeal cases, MANA and CSI have all been favored in previous court rulings.
In June 2011, Makhteshim Agan Industries’ affiliate CSI launched sales of fipronil-based products under the brand names Taurus SC for the professional pest control market, and Prefurred for companion animal use.
Fipronil is utilized for termite prevention and treatment, flea, ant and tick control, and as a broad-spectrum insecticide for crop markets in a variety of branded products throughout the world. The active ingredient is used in crop protection mainly for treatment of cotton, potatoes, rice and seed treatment in addition to broad uses for non-crop applications.
- Plant health improvement agents help growers do more with less
- Ag markets suffered a general divergence Wednesday
- Scientists throw light on the mechanism of plants’ ticking clock
- Stress-tolerant tomato relative sequenced
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Farmer community forum focused on farmer data