Louis Dreyfus loses bid to dismiss cotton squeeze lawsuit
Louis Dreyfus Commodities BV lost a bid on Friday to dismiss a lawsuit by traders accusing it of illegally manipulating the price of cotton futures in 2011.
U.S. District Judge Andrew Carter in Manhattan dismissed one claim in the proposed class action but largely allowed the lawsuit to move forward.
The lawsuit has been closely watched in the commodities sector since its filing last year by Mark Allen, a former senior trader at Louis Dreyfus rival Glencore.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning