Louis Dreyfus loses bid to dismiss cotton squeeze lawsuit
Louis Dreyfus Commodities BV lost a bid on Friday to dismiss a lawsuit by traders accusing it of illegally manipulating the price of cotton futures in 2011.
U.S. District Judge Andrew Carter in Manhattan dismissed one claim in the proposed class action but largely allowed the lawsuit to move forward.
The lawsuit has been closely watched in the commodities sector since its filing last year by Mark Allen, a former senior trader at Louis Dreyfus rival Glencore.
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Davis Equipment is celebrating 50 years in business
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday