Lindsay Corporation partners with Arbor Day Foundation
Lindsay Corporation, a leading designer and manufacturer of self-propelled center pivot and lateral move irrigation systems, has partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation to help restore the tree population in the Los Padres National Forest.
The Arbor Day Foundation will plant 1,200 trees, one for each Lindsay employee, in celebration of Arbor Day and Earth Day. A mix of Ponderosa Pine, Jeffrey Pine and Sugar Pines will be planted in the national forest to help restore what was lost during a massive forest fire.
Los Padres National Forest spans more than 200 miles in south-central California and is home to more than 450 different fish and wildlife species. In September and October of 2006, the Derby Fire burned more than 160,000 acres of land in the national forest. In order to restore the forest’s natural state, the damage must be reversed before more land is lost to invasive fire-prone brush.
- USDA reminds farmers of 2014 farm bill conservation compliance
- AgGateway offers precision ag standards for seeding operations
- Phytech reveals its PlantBeat service to U.S. farmers
- Accurate plant tissue analysis starts at the crop sample
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics