Latin America, the Caribbean likely the next global breadbasket
To download the full report, please go here.
NOTE: On May 13, 2014, IDB and GHI, together with their partners, will present these critical recommendations to an audience of Washington, D.C.-based thought leaders, policy makers, and the media through two events designed to raise awareness of the issues and potential for future public-private partnerships as well as advocate for increased development assistance for agriculture to the region. The events will launch a longer-term conversation about the role of Latin America in sustainably meeting regional and global food and agriculture demand. Speakers include leaders working in and for the LAC region from the private sector, multilateral development agencies, and trade, development, and environmental organizations.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture