LSB Industries to build nitric acid plants in Arkansas
LSB Industries, Inc. announced that a subsidiary in its Chemical Business entered into agreements with SAIC Constructors, LLC to construct a 360,000 ton per year nitric acid plant and a 40,000 ton per year nitric acid concentrator plant at an LSB subsidiary’s site in El Dorado, Ark. The agreements provide for SAIC to manage the construction of the plants. The obligations under the agreements are guaranteed by each party’s parent company.
The total cost of the plants is estimated to be approximately $120 million. The plants are expected to be completed by mid-2015, subject to timely receipt of environmental permits and assuming no unexpected delays.
- Sign-up begins for USDA disaster assistance programs
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Pacific Coast Terminals and K+S Potash Canada sign agreement
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants