LSB Industries to build nitric acid plants in Arkansas
LSB Industries, Inc. announced that a subsidiary in its Chemical Business entered into agreements with SAIC Constructors, LLC to construct a 360,000 ton per year nitric acid plant and a 40,000 ton per year nitric acid concentrator plant at an LSB subsidiary’s site in El Dorado, Ark. The agreements provide for SAIC to manage the construction of the plants. The obligations under the agreements are guaranteed by each party’s parent company.
The total cost of the plants is estimated to be approximately $120 million. The plants are expected to be completed by mid-2015, subject to timely receipt of environmental permits and assuming no unexpected delays.
- U.S. farmers seen cutting fertilizer use as crop prices slide
- Automated imaging system looks underground to improve crops
- Newly revised “Midwest Cover Crops Field Guide” released
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- EPA announces final decision to register Enlist Duo
- What to consider in leasing or buying equipment
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals