LSB Industries to build nitric acid plants in Arkansas
LSB Industries, Inc. announced that a subsidiary in its Chemical Business entered into agreements with SAIC Constructors, LLC to construct a 360,000 ton per year nitric acid plant and a 40,000 ton per year nitric acid concentrator plant at an LSB subsidiary’s site in El Dorado, Ark. The agreements provide for SAIC to manage the construction of the plants. The obligations under the agreements are guaranteed by each party’s parent company.
The total cost of the plants is estimated to be approximately $120 million. The plants are expected to be completed by mid-2015, subject to timely receipt of environmental permits and assuming no unexpected delays.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance