LSB Industries provides update on Pryor, Okla., site
LSB Industries, Inc. said that as part of the company’s safety policy, LSB has determined to take down the anhydrous ammonia plant at its Pryor, Okla., chemical facility due to excessive vibrations in the second stage of the compressor detected by recently installed monitors. The second stage compressor of the ammonia plant has been sent to Sulzer Turbo Services’ Houston, Texas, laboratory for high speed testing and diagnosis.
At the present time, based on available information, the company expects the ammonia plant at the Pryor facility to be returned to service before the end of January. As previously announced on Dec. 30, 2013, the ammonia plant at the Pryor facility was restarted, after having been down for most of the fourth quarter 2013.
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning