Korea gives import approval for Agrisure 3122 trait stack
Syngenta announced that regulatory authorities in Korea have granted import approval for the Agrisure 3122 trait stack for food or feed use. The Agrisure 3122 trait stack offers growers a reduced-refuge trait stack featuring dual modes of action against corn borer and corn rootworm.
“U.S. corn growers planting hybrids with Agrisure 3122 trait stack continue to gain access to additional export markets with Korean approval,” said David Morgan, region director of Syngenta in North America and president of Syngenta Seeds, Inc. “A trait stack featuring dual modes of action for both corn borer and corn rootworm offers U.S. corn growers the benefit of greater productivity through reduced refuge.”
The Agrisure 3122 trait stack includes the Agrisure CB trait; the Agrisure RW trait, which protects against corn rootworm; the Herculex I trait which provides a second mode of action against corn borer; the Herculex RW trait, which provides a second mode of action against corn rootworm; and the Agrisure GT trait for glyphosate tolerance.
In the United States, the Agrisure 3122 trait stack already received registration from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Syngenta has received import approval from regulatory authorities in Canada, Japan, Mexico, Korea, the Philippines and Taiwan.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?