Koch Agronomics acquires more T&O products
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC, an affiliate of Koch Fertilizer, LLC, has agreed to acquire the Turf and Ornamental (T&O) assets, brands and product technologies of Agrium Advanced Technologies, a former business unit of Agrium Inc. The T&O business serves the horticulture, turfgrass, consumer lawn and garden and specialty agriculture segments.
“We believe this acquisition will deliver long-term value for the many customers of innovative fertilizer technologies and will be an excellent addition to our existing portfolio of enhanced efficiency products,” said Tim Sturm, vice president, turf and ornamental for Koch Agronomic Services (KAS).
With this transaction, KAS will acquire production facilities in Sylacauga, Ala., and global intellectual property rights related to Polyon, Duration, XCU, Nutralene and Nitroform brands of slow-release and controlled-release fertilizers.
Pending regulatory approvals, the transaction is expected to close at the end of the second quarter of 2014. KAS is a global manufacturer and marketer of enhanced efficiency fertilizers, including nitrogen stabilizer and slow-release nitrogen products for crop and turf applications including other products in the T&O market.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta