Koch Agronomics acquires more T&O products
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC, an affiliate of Koch Fertilizer, LLC, has agreed to acquire the Turf and Ornamental (T&O) assets, brands and product technologies of Agrium Advanced Technologies, a former business unit of Agrium Inc. The T&O business serves the horticulture, turfgrass, consumer lawn and garden and specialty agriculture segments.
“We believe this acquisition will deliver long-term value for the many customers of innovative fertilizer technologies and will be an excellent addition to our existing portfolio of enhanced efficiency products,” said Tim Sturm, vice president, turf and ornamental for Koch Agronomic Services (KAS).
With this transaction, KAS will acquire production facilities in Sylacauga, Ala., and global intellectual property rights related to Polyon, Duration, XCU, Nutralene and Nitroform brands of slow-release and controlled-release fertilizers.
Pending regulatory approvals, the transaction is expected to close at the end of the second quarter of 2014. KAS is a global manufacturer and marketer of enhanced efficiency fertilizers, including nitrogen stabilizer and slow-release nitrogen products for crop and turf applications including other products in the T&O market.
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Mistakes that hurt a farm's credit
- Mycogen Seeds introduces four new sunflower hybrids for 2015
- China cuts cotton import quotas to boost demand for its own fiber
- Hog futures the exception to bearish ag market rule Monday AM
- Gangster herbicide program update
- Despite USDA approval, Enlist trait faces hurdles
- Activist investor Peltz pushes DuPont to split itself
- USDA approves Dow’s Enlist corn, soybean traits
- Mapping technology help farmers understand soil
- Improve nutrient balance to boost corn yields
- Study shows differences in understanding sustainable agriculture
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report