Koch Agronomics acquires more T&O products
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC, an affiliate of Koch Fertilizer, LLC, has agreed to acquire the Turf and Ornamental (T&O) assets, brands and product technologies of Agrium Advanced Technologies, a former business unit of Agrium Inc. The T&O business serves the horticulture, turfgrass, consumer lawn and garden and specialty agriculture segments.
“We believe this acquisition will deliver long-term value for the many customers of innovative fertilizer technologies and will be an excellent addition to our existing portfolio of enhanced efficiency products,” said Tim Sturm, vice president, turf and ornamental for Koch Agronomic Services (KAS).
With this transaction, KAS will acquire production facilities in Sylacauga, Ala., and global intellectual property rights related to Polyon, Duration, XCU, Nutralene and Nitroform brands of slow-release and controlled-release fertilizers.
Pending regulatory approvals, the transaction is expected to close at the end of the second quarter of 2014. KAS is a global manufacturer and marketer of enhanced efficiency fertilizers, including nitrogen stabilizer and slow-release nitrogen products for crop and turf applications including other products in the T&O market.
- Protecting pollinators from insecticide exposure
- Texas fall armyworms out early due to unseasonable rains
- Scout for western bean cutworm, western corn rootworm in Ohio
- AgSense releases iPad version of its WagNet Mobile app
- Ag markets posted divergent moves again Thursday
- Ag markets remained mixed at midsession Thursday
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014