Koch Agronomics acquires more T&O products
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC, an affiliate of Koch Fertilizer, LLC, has agreed to acquire the Turf and Ornamental (T&O) assets, brands and product technologies of Agrium Advanced Technologies, a former business unit of Agrium Inc. The T&O business serves the horticulture, turfgrass, consumer lawn and garden and specialty agriculture segments.
“We believe this acquisition will deliver long-term value for the many customers of innovative fertilizer technologies and will be an excellent addition to our existing portfolio of enhanced efficiency products,” said Tim Sturm, vice president, turf and ornamental for Koch Agronomic Services (KAS).
With this transaction, KAS will acquire production facilities in Sylacauga, Ala., and global intellectual property rights related to Polyon, Duration, XCU, Nutralene and Nitroform brands of slow-release and controlled-release fertilizers.
Pending regulatory approvals, the transaction is expected to close at the end of the second quarter of 2014. KAS is a global manufacturer and marketer of enhanced efficiency fertilizers, including nitrogen stabilizer and slow-release nitrogen products for crop and turf applications including other products in the T&O market.
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Davis Equipment is celebrating 50 years in business
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday