Koch Agronomics acquires more T&O products
Koch Agronomic Services, LLC, an affiliate of Koch Fertilizer, LLC, has agreed to acquire the Turf and Ornamental (T&O) assets, brands and product technologies of Agrium Advanced Technologies, a former business unit of Agrium Inc. The T&O business serves the horticulture, turfgrass, consumer lawn and garden and specialty agriculture segments.
“We believe this acquisition will deliver long-term value for the many customers of innovative fertilizer technologies and will be an excellent addition to our existing portfolio of enhanced efficiency products,” said Tim Sturm, vice president, turf and ornamental for Koch Agronomic Services (KAS).
With this transaction, KAS will acquire production facilities in Sylacauga, Ala., and global intellectual property rights related to Polyon, Duration, XCU, Nutralene and Nitroform brands of slow-release and controlled-release fertilizers.
Pending regulatory approvals, the transaction is expected to close at the end of the second quarter of 2014. KAS is a global manufacturer and marketer of enhanced efficiency fertilizers, including nitrogen stabilizer and slow-release nitrogen products for crop and turf applications including other products in the T&O market.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?