John Deere introduces mobile weather
For private and commercial applicators who need precise weather information in order to make proper product application and other weather-related decisions, John Deere introduces John Deere Mobile Weather.
Mobile Weather uses a third-party weather sensor connected to the Application Controller 1120 to display real-time weather information, including wind speed and direction, Delta T, and temperature and relative humidity on the John Deere GreenStar 2 or GreenStar 3 displays. However, only the GreeenStar 3 2630 Display is capable of documenting (recording) weather data, which can be transferred to Apex or other third party farm management software for analysis and record keeping.
According to Janae Althouse, product manager with the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group, John Deere Mobile Weather enables operators to make in-cab product application decisions based on location-specific weather data. In addition, operators don't have to rely on hand-held devices or make multiple stops to manually check and record weather conditions when applying product.
"Mobile Weather is perfect for producers or commercial applicators who need to capture weather information as part of their record keeping, documentation and data analysis, or for maintaining government compliance," Althouse says. "It integrates easily into existing sprayer and GreenStar displays without the need for additional hand-held devices or displays to provide on-the-go weather monitoring."
John Deere Mobile Weather can be mounted on any John Deere 4940, 4930, 4830 and 4730 Self-Propelled Sprayers, with GreenStar displays. It can be programmed to warn the operator when weather conditions are outside of preset parameters for optimal spraying.
"Mobile Weather helps improve the efficiency and effectiveness of sprayer applications because it notifies operators of potential spraying issues when wind, temperature and humidity conditions are difficult," Althouse adds. "This increases compliance, saves time and trips across the field and reduces the need for weather-related reapplication of products."
For more information about John Deere Mobile Weather, contact your local John Deere dealer, AMS specialist or visit www.JohnDeere.com.
- TekWear partners up on new crop monitoring technologies
- Harvest delays impact crop performance, study shows
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Sugarcane aphids found in North Carolina
- Online registration open for Dec. 15-16 AGMasters conference
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta