John Deere introduces mobile weather
For private and commercial applicators who need precise weather information in order to make proper product application and other weather-related decisions, John Deere introduces John Deere Mobile Weather.
Mobile Weather uses a third-party weather sensor connected to the Application Controller 1120 to display real-time weather information, including wind speed and direction, Delta T, and temperature and relative humidity on the John Deere GreenStar 2 or GreenStar 3 displays. However, only the GreeenStar 3 2630 Display is capable of documenting (recording) weather data, which can be transferred to Apex or other third party farm management software for analysis and record keeping.
According to Janae Althouse, product manager with the John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group, John Deere Mobile Weather enables operators to make in-cab product application decisions based on location-specific weather data. In addition, operators don't have to rely on hand-held devices or make multiple stops to manually check and record weather conditions when applying product.
"Mobile Weather is perfect for producers or commercial applicators who need to capture weather information as part of their record keeping, documentation and data analysis, or for maintaining government compliance," Althouse says. "It integrates easily into existing sprayer and GreenStar displays without the need for additional hand-held devices or displays to provide on-the-go weather monitoring."
John Deere Mobile Weather can be mounted on any John Deere 4940, 4930, 4830 and 4730 Self-Propelled Sprayers, with GreenStar displays. It can be programmed to warn the operator when weather conditions are outside of preset parameters for optimal spraying.
"Mobile Weather helps improve the efficiency and effectiveness of sprayer applications because it notifies operators of potential spraying issues when wind, temperature and humidity conditions are difficult," Althouse adds. "This increases compliance, saves time and trips across the field and reduces the need for weather-related reapplication of products."
For more information about John Deere Mobile Weather, contact your local John Deere dealer, AMS specialist or visit www.JohnDeere.com.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease