John Deere introduces Mobile Farm Manager App
To help give producers easier access to important farm and field information through their mobile device, John Deere introduces John Deere Mobile Farm Manager. The application, which can be downloaded free from the Apple Store, is compatible with iPad and iPhone mobile devices and connects to customers’ Apex farm management software.
Tyler Hogrefe, senior product marketing manager for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group, says Mobile Farm Manger has several functions that producers will find useful. These include field maps, historical reports, GPS tracking, field navigation and soil sampling grids.
“With Mobile Farm Manager on their mobile devices, producers now have remote access to the important agronomic information they need in order to make better management decisions,” Hogrefe says. “It makes it much easier to analyze field data such as application and fertility maps, soil sample grids and crop product data directly from the field.”
In addition, customers with Mobile Farm Manager can share agronomic information with ag service providers, farm managers and other advisors as needed. This streamlines the communications process and helps ensure the accuracy of various applications and production practices.
“Mobile Farm Manager is the latest in a growing suite of technology products under the John Deere FarmSight™ strategy,” Hogrefe adds. “It’s all designed to help make producers more efficient and productive across their entire farming enterprise by making it easier to access and share accurate and relevant agronomic information.”
To activate Mobile Farm Manager, customers should contact their John Deere dealer to purchase and receive their activation code, which they can enter into Apex. The activation allows the transfer of data stored in Apex to the devices with Mobile Farm Manager.
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Know your enemy: The importance of weed identification
- Most Texas farmers have corn in the ground
- Mosaic to acquire ADM's Brazil, Paraguay fertilizer business
- Agriculture gives unmanned aerial vehicles a new purpose
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants