Japan gives import approval for Agrisure Duracade trait stacks
Syngenta received import approval from Japanese regulatory authorities for the Agrisure Duracade 5122 and Agrisure Duracade 5222 trait stacks. Both contain the next generation corn rootworm control trait – Agrisure Duracade.
This regulatory approval allows the import of U.S. corn grown from hybrids with the Agrisure Duracade 5122 and 5222 trait stacks for food or feed use within Japan.
“Japanese import approval is an important step in bringing new trait technologies to market,” said Jill Wheeler, commercial product lead at Syngenta. “With U.S. growers actively seeking new tools for corn rootworm management, we are pleased to be offering products that set a new standard in the control of this damaging pest.”
Available for 2014 planting, the Agrisure Duracade 5122 and 5222 trait stacks feature dual modes of action for both above- and below-ground pests. The Agrisure Duracade 5122 trait stack will combine the Agrisure Duracade trait with the Agrisure RW trait for an additional mode of action on corn rootworm; the Agrisure CB/LL trait for control of corn borer; the Herculex I trait for a second mode of action on corn borer and for broad lepidopteran control; and the GA21 trait for glyphosate tolerance. The Agrisure Duracade 5222 trait stack will include the same traits as the Agrisure Duracade 5122 trait stack plus the Agrisure Viptera® trait for breakthrough control of the multi-pest complex.
The Agrisure Duracade trait features eCry3.1Ab – the industry’s first Bt hybrid insect control protein for coleopteran control. According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agrisure Duracade delivers the highest reduction in corn rootworm beetle emergence (99.79 percent) of any corn rootworm trait on the market*. It is effective against Western corn rootworm, Northern corn rootworm and Mexican corn rootworm.
The Agrisure Duracade trait has completed the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) consultation process, received registration from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), and is fully deregulated by the USDA. The Agrisure Duracade trait has received import approval from Australia, Japan, New Zealand and Taiwan, and cultivation approval in Canada.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Vertical Floor Blenders