J.R. Simplot acquires Kansas retailer
The J.R. Simplot Company has acquired Crop Service Center, Inc., an agricultural retail business based in Atwood, Kan.
The purchase comes shortly after Simplot acquired Dorman Brothers, a multi-outlet agricultural supply company headquartered in Burlington, Colo.
"The recent acquisition of Crop Service Center and Dorman Brothers gives our retail businesses the opportunity to more efficiently supply our products and services to a greater number of customers," said Dave Dufault, vice president of Simplot Grower Solutions.
"Each location will remain focused on providing customers with a full line of high-quality crop nutrients, crop protection, seed, specialty products, and agricultural technology, which is evolving at a rapid pace."
Simplot AgriBusiness Group president Garrett Lofto said the Crop Service acquisition further enforces the company's commitment to customers and the agriculture industry.
"This investment, which expands our retail footprint, fits in well with ongoing growth projects such as the expansion of our Rock Springs phosphate fertilizer manufacturing facility, while reinforcing our generational commitment to agriculture," he said.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
13-Ton Rotary Direct Drive Blender
Adams Fertilizer Equipment