J.R. Simplot acquires Kansas retailer
The J.R. Simplot Company has acquired Crop Service Center, Inc., an agricultural retail business based in Atwood, Kan.
The purchase comes shortly after Simplot acquired Dorman Brothers, a multi-outlet agricultural supply company headquartered in Burlington, Colo.
"The recent acquisition of Crop Service Center and Dorman Brothers gives our retail businesses the opportunity to more efficiently supply our products and services to a greater number of customers," said Dave Dufault, vice president of Simplot Grower Solutions.
"Each location will remain focused on providing customers with a full line of high-quality crop nutrients, crop protection, seed, specialty products, and agricultural technology, which is evolving at a rapid pace."
Simplot AgriBusiness Group president Garrett Lofto said the Crop Service acquisition further enforces the company's commitment to customers and the agriculture industry.
"This investment, which expands our retail footprint, fits in well with ongoing growth projects such as the expansion of our Rock Springs phosphate fertilizer manufacturing facility, while reinforcing our generational commitment to agriculture," he said.
- Plant health improvement agents help growers do more with less
- Ag markets suffered a general divergence Wednesday
- Scientists throw light on the mechanism of plants’ ticking clock
- Stress-tolerant tomato relative sequenced
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Farmer community forum focused on farmer data