Is there an advantage to more corn acres in your rotation?
Operator Acres - the acres from which the farm operator derives revenue; a farm with 100 owned acres, 100 cash rented acres, and 100 50/50 crop share acres would have 250 operator acres.
Power and Equipment - include utilities, machinery repairs, machine hire and lease, fuel, and machinery depreciation (economic, not tax).
Unpaid Labor - is the number of months of unpaid labor times a monthly labor rate. This is to credit the family and operator for labor contributed to the operation.
Interest on Equity Capital - a non-land and land interest charge less accrued interest expense.
The authors would like to acknowledge that data used in this study comes from the local Farm Business Farm Management (FBFM) Associations across the State of Illinois. Without their cooperation, information as comprehensive and accurate as this would not be available for educational purposes. FBFM, which consists of 5,500 plus farmers and 60 professional field staff, is a not-for-profit organization available to all farm operators in Illinois. FBFM field staff provide on-farm counsel along with recordkeeping, farm financial management, business entity planning and income tax management. For more information, please contact the State FBFM Office located at the University of Illinois Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics at 217-333-5511 or visit the FBFM website at www.fbfm.org.
- FMC opens new Asia Innovation Center in Shanghai
- Groundwater levels drop in Southwest in ongoing drought
- Council of the European Union adopts position on GMOs
- New Holland launches new self-propelled sprayer line
- Crop markets are starting the week on a generally firm note
- A good corn crop is taking shape
- Study says neonic insecticides widespread in Iowa waters
- Drones draw interest to crop scouting and other new farm uses
- AgData acquired by Vista Equity Partners
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Evogene amends Bayer wheat agreement