Irrigation Foundation hosted 2013 Irrigation Faculty Academy
The Irrigation Foundation hosted its 11th annual Irrigation Faculty Academy, June 20-21, at Boise State University in Boise, Idaho. Baseline Inc., Grundfos Pumps, Hunter Industries and Nelson Irrigation sponsored this year’s event.
For two days, more than 20 agriculture, horticulture, turf and landscape instructors representing 20 U.S. universities and community colleges networked with their peers and learned about ways to improve irrigation-focused curricula for use in their classrooms.
“The knowledge sharing at this event is tremendously valuable to the development of trained irrigation professionals,” said Noreen Rich, the Foundation’s manager. “Irrigation education programs have faced recent challenges, and the faculty academy helps create the time and space for instructors to share what does and doesn’t work at their particular school.”
The faculty academy kicked off with a breakfast and a session on two-wire systems, which included a hands-on component. Attendees participated in three additional sessions on variable rate irrigation for center pivots and linear move machines, controllers, and basic pumps. Boise-based manufacturing company Baseline Inc. gave a tour of its facilities and sponsored a catered dinner for all attendees. The event culminated with faculty presentations and a roundtable discussion that addressed how the Foundation can support instructor efforts and nurture irrigation-related education programs throughout the country.
To participate in the 2014 Irrigation Faculty Academy, visit www.irrigationfoundation.org/facultyacademy. To sponsor the 2014 event, visit http://www.irrigation.org/donatetofoundation or contact Irrigation Foundation Manager Noreen Rich at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- Rentech Nitrogen Partners to supply TKI with ammonia
- CF Industries’ Woodward N complex shut down for repairs
- EPA reorganizes OPP’s registration division
- USDA to provide $4 million for honey bee habitat
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement