The Purdue Pest Management Program is offering a series of Crop Management Workshops to be held at five locations through Indiana.
Here are the locations and dates:
Monday – January 27, 2014 – Plymouth, Swan Lake Resort
Tuesday – January 28, 2014 – Bluffton, Wells County Community Center
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 – Batesville, Walhill Farm, The Barn
Thursday, January 30, 2014 – Huntingburg, Huntingburg Event Center
Friday, January 31, 2014 – West Lafayette, Beck Agricultural Center
The schedule for each event (times listed are EST):
- 8:30 AM – 9 AM Registration
- 9 AM – 12 PM Morning Presentations
- 12 PM – 12:45 PM Lunch Provided
- 12:45 PM – 4:30 PM Afternoon Presentations
This year’s topics include:
- Complaints, Inspections, and Other Regulatory Revelations – Joe Becovitz
- Pigweeds, Hogweeds, and Marestail…Oh My! – Bill Johnson and Travis Legleiter
- Fertilizers and Lime: What Do I Really Need? – Jim Camberato
- Update on Soybean Cyst Nematode – Jamal Faghihi
- Emerging Field Crop Disease Issues – Kiersten Wise
- Insect IPM and the Swiss Army Knife: Multiple Tools Work Better – Christian Krupke
- Set the Table for High Corn Yields with Successful Stand Establishment – Bob Nielsen
- The Science and Reality of Adjuvants: Are They Needed for Herbicides? – Fred Whitford
The topics of these meetings are adapted from the previous cropping year, new technologies, questions asked by agribusiness personnel, and suggestions from past CMWs. Certification credits for Indiana’s commercial (CCH) and Private (PARP) Pesticide Applicators and Certified Crop Advisors (CEU) will be awarded to attendees. Credits for Ohio applicators have been requested.
Brochures will soon be mailed to all Indiana Commercial Pesticide Applicators and Certified Crop Advisors. On-line registration, and a PDF brochure will available on Nov. 25 here. Click on the Crop Management Workshop you want to attend.