INCOTEC opens new seed technology center in India
On Jan. 19, 2013, the official ceremony took place to mark the opening of INCOTEC's new Centre of Excellence in Seed Technology and the expansion of INCOTEC India in Ahmedabad.
This ceremony was planned to coincide with INCOTEC's annual strategic meeting being held this year in India and the global management team will be attending the opening ceremony of the new Centre of Excellence in Seed Technology.
INCOTEC India is pioneering the Central Asian market and has already been very successful in introducing film coating and analytical services to the seed industry. With the growth and success of the company comes the introduction of new technologies such as upgrading, priming and encrusting & pelleting. These activities will be carried out in the new facility along with research labs and the blending units for INCOTEC India's DISCO film coats.
These new developments in INCOTEC India mean that the company is now able to provide the full range of INCOTEC technologies to India and Central Asia.
INCOTEC India already carries out research into challenges faced locally with local seed sorts and focusses on sustainable solutions that will contribute to achieving a healthy plant stand. In INCOTEC India's new Center of Excellence in Seed Technology local partners will be trained to increase the knowledge of seed quality and seed technology.
Dr. Manish Patel, executive director of INCOTEC India commented: "Through the Centre of Excellence in Seed Technology INCOTEC India aims to build awareness about seed quality and the need for seed enhancement in Central Asia. The Centre will also facilitate training programmes for stake holders within the seed industry.
"This new facility is designed to make services and products available to the Central Asian seed market".
- Livestock futures led most ag markets lower Wednesday morning
- WSSA updates herbicide handbook
- Uncovered, the mystery of exchanging genes with wild relatives
- What will happen to farm leases with $3.25/bu corn?
- Easy Leaf Area software calculates leaf area from digital images
- CLA identifies areas for EPA to enhance effectiveness of WPS
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America