Ideas for applicators to use residue lab
SGS provides a herbicide residue sampling guide to assist the producer, crop consultant and/or claim specialist in attaining the best samples for a laboratory to test. Rose Neal, pesticide residue scientist at the company’s Brookings, S.D., laboratory, has more than 20 years of experience in residue analysis and can assist clients in determining a testing plan for individual situations. SGS tests for pesticide residues in soil, plant material and water.
Additional herbicides have been added in 2013 to the screen packages, which include plant growth regulators, neutral herbicides, sulfonylureas, imidazoles, and clethodim. Individual analysis for glyphosate, glufosinate, flumioxazin, aminopyralid, pyroxsulam, florasulam, cloransulam, flumetsulam, and isoxaflutole is available. Other pesticide tests may be available or needed as diverse testing can be necessary to assist in soil and plant fertility, plant and seed diseases, as well as contaminants in soil, plant, grains or feeds.
- Granular completes nationwide beta testing; signs first customers
- Concerns grow over damage to EU wheat crop quality
- Davis Equipment is celebrating 50 years in business
- Ag futures ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance
- Ag markets remained quite mixed at noon Friday