Ideas for applicators to use residue lab
SGS provides a herbicide residue sampling guide to assist the producer, crop consultant and/or claim specialist in attaining the best samples for a laboratory to test. Rose Neal, pesticide residue scientist at the company’s Brookings, S.D., laboratory, has more than 20 years of experience in residue analysis and can assist clients in determining a testing plan for individual situations. SGS tests for pesticide residues in soil, plant material and water.
Additional herbicides have been added in 2013 to the screen packages, which include plant growth regulators, neutral herbicides, sulfonylureas, imidazoles, and clethodim. Individual analysis for glyphosate, glufosinate, flumioxazin, aminopyralid, pyroxsulam, florasulam, cloransulam, flumetsulam, and isoxaflutole is available. Other pesticide tests may be available or needed as diverse testing can be necessary to assist in soil and plant fertility, plant and seed diseases, as well as contaminants in soil, plant, grains or feeds.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?