ISAAA releases updated agricultural biotechnology booklet
The booklet Agricultural Biotechnology (A Lot More Than Just GM Crops) explains and compares tools of agri-biotech including conventional breeding, tissue culture and micropropagation, molecular breeding and marker-assisted selection, and genetic engineering. It also includes a section on "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions" for food safety and environmental issues to clarify important public concerns.
The booklet is part of ISAAA's Biotech Information Series.
To download a copy of the booklet, click http://www.isaaa.org/resources/publications/agricultural_biotechnology/download/default.asp.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?