ISAAA releases updated agricultural biotechnology booklet
The booklet Agricultural Biotechnology (A Lot More Than Just GM Crops) explains and compares tools of agri-biotech including conventional breeding, tissue culture and micropropagation, molecular breeding and marker-assisted selection, and genetic engineering. It also includes a section on "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions" for food safety and environmental issues to clarify important public concerns.
The booklet is part of ISAAA's Biotech Information Series.
To download a copy of the booklet, click http://www.isaaa.org/resources/publications/agricultural_biotechnology/download/default.asp.
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Survey shows big data use increasing
- Partnership to collaborate on bio-stimulants
- DuPont Pioneer celebrates production expansion in Ontario
- No-till may not bring hoped-for boost in global crop yields
- Crop markets moved mostly higher again Thursday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta