ISAAA releases updated agricultural biotechnology booklet
The booklet Agricultural Biotechnology (A Lot More Than Just GM Crops) explains and compares tools of agri-biotech including conventional breeding, tissue culture and micropropagation, molecular breeding and marker-assisted selection, and genetic engineering. It also includes a section on "Answers to Frequently Asked Questions" for food safety and environmental issues to clarify important public concerns.
The booklet is part of ISAAA's Biotech Information Series.
To download a copy of the booklet, click http://www.isaaa.org/resources/publications/agricultural_biotechnology/download/default.asp.
- U.S. fertilizer company owned by Koch brothers in patent dispute
- China cites public opinion in GMO soybean approval delay
- U.S, Brazil settle cotton subsidy dispute for $300 million
- Nominations open for 2015 4R Advocate Awards program
- Coalition questions legitimacy of EPA's proposed WOTUS rule
- Ag markets were decidedly mixed in Wednesday night action
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto