IPNI’s 4R Nutrient Stewardship video now available
Rice is life ... for about three billion people in the world today. And, with the world's population growing every day, improved fertilizer management is now more critical than ever in order to achieve the necessary increases in rice yield and quality. The Right Way to Grow Rice is the most recent video installment in the IPNI series "The Right Way to Grow - 4R Nutrient Stewardship."
The 10 minute video details how growers can apply the 4Rs: right fertilizer source, at the right rate, at the right time, and in the right place needed to meet their rice production goals.
Two other video programs produced by IPNI and introduced in 2010 carried the message of 4R Nutrient Stewardship to audiences around the world. "The Right Way to Grow...4R Nutrient Stewardship" runs more than 11 minutes and gives an overview of the 4Rs. It explains how the 4Rs can make sense for large-scale agriculture in developed countries and also to small-holder farms in less developed countries.
"The Right Way to Grow Wheat...4R Nutrient Stewardship" is a separate video which runs more than 8 minutes and specifically addresses the economic, environmental, and social goals of sustainable agricultural systems needed to meet global demand for wheat.
For more details on IPNI's Right Way to Grow series, please visit http://www.ipni.net/article/IPNI-3279and our 4R Nutrient Stewardship Portal at http://www.ipni.net/4R.
- Scout for aphids in winter wheat
- El Niño development stalled out, but wet winter still predicted
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- Farm bill program to help farmers affected by severe weather
- Israel panel proposes 25-42% tax hike on mining companies
- Ag markets moved almost unanimously higher Wednesday morning
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?