Hybrid Mode is innovative boom height control
Norac Systems International Inc. has a patent pending Hybrid Mode for the company’s boom height control systems. The Hybrid Mode is an innovative design as noted by it being given an AE50 award by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE).
“The development of Hybrid Mode for our automatic spray height control systems has resulted in a higher level of operator convenience than was previously available in the market,” said Danea Armstrong, vice president of sales, marketing and service for Norac Systems International Inc.
“With Hybrid Mode we have built on the technology we pioneered in our custom-designed ultrasonic sensors and created a product that simultaneously reads the soil and crop canopy. This reduces boom height error and increases the boom stability, therefore, increasing the amount of time the boom is at the target spray height,” she said.
Hybrid Mode eliminates the need for the operator to take manual control of the boom while spraying in adverse situations such as lodged, thin and uneven crops. It reduces drift and promotes the efficient application of herbicides. Norac’s Hybrid Mode is available on Norac’s UC5 and UC4.5 spray height control systems.
Norac pioneered the use of ultrasonic sensing in the development of control equipment for the agricultural industry. For more information visit www.norac.ca.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.