Hybrid Mode is innovative boom height control
Norac Systems International Inc. has a patent pending Hybrid Mode for the company’s boom height control systems. The Hybrid Mode is an innovative design as noted by it being given an AE50 award by the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE).
“The development of Hybrid Mode for our automatic spray height control systems has resulted in a higher level of operator convenience than was previously available in the market,” said Danea Armstrong, vice president of sales, marketing and service for Norac Systems International Inc.
“With Hybrid Mode we have built on the technology we pioneered in our custom-designed ultrasonic sensors and created a product that simultaneously reads the soil and crop canopy. This reduces boom height error and increases the boom stability, therefore, increasing the amount of time the boom is at the target spray height,” she said.
Hybrid Mode eliminates the need for the operator to take manual control of the boom while spraying in adverse situations such as lodged, thin and uneven crops. It reduces drift and promotes the efficient application of herbicides. Norac’s Hybrid Mode is available on Norac’s UC5 and UC4.5 spray height control systems.
Norac pioneered the use of ultrasonic sensing in the development of control equipment for the agricultural industry. For more information visit www.norac.ca.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance