How endangered species might be added to the list
To ensure the status reviews of the plains spotted skunk and prairie gray fox are comprehensive, the service is soliciting information from state and federal natural resource agencies and all interested parties regarding the animals and their habitat. (This is where all the animal rights and save the planet environmental group members come forth.)
You may submit information on the prairie gray fox and the plains spotted skunk, by one of the following methods:
(1) Electronically: Go to the Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Search for Docket No. FWS–R3–ES–2012–0079, which is the docket number for this action. Then click on the Search button. You may submit a comment by clicking on “Comment Now!”
(2) By hard copy: Submit by U.S. mail or hand-delivery to: Public Comments Processing, Attn: FWS–R3–ES–2012–0079; Division of Policy and Directives Management; U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; 4401 N. Fairfax Drive, MS 2042–PDM; Arlington, VA 22203.
The deadline to submit comments electronically to the Federal eRulemaking Portal is February 4, 2012. After that date, comments must be mailed to the address above. The service will not accept e-mail or faxes.
More information on the two subspecies and findings can be found at www.fws.gov/midwest/endangered.
- Phomopsis stem canker in sunflowers
- Conference to help companies take next steps in eBusiness
- Energy for growing crops is large part of farm operating costs
- Moves in livestock futures bracketed those of the crop markets
- 3D Robotics launches new 3DR mapping platforms
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals
- Do you think the term “agricultural sustainability” is as strong of a buzzword and emphasis for action in the industry as it was 3 years ago?