House Ag Committee farm bill mark-up announced
Official word came late Thursday that the House Agriculture Committee will mark up its version of long-term farm policy on May 15.
Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) had expressed hope her panel would mark up a bill in April, though just one legislative week remains in the month.
The current one-year extension of the 2008 Farm Bill expires on Sept. 30.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta