House Ag Committee farm bill mark-up announced
Official word came late Thursday that the House Agriculture Committee will mark up its version of long-term farm policy on May 15.
Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) had expressed hope her panel would mark up a bill in April, though just one legislative week remains in the month.
The current one-year extension of the 2008 Farm Bill expires on Sept. 30.
- Pinnacle Agriculture Holdings acquires Kerman Ag Resources
- Commentary: EPA’s explanation of its clean water proposal
- Vietnam grants licenses to four GM corn varieties
- Bioenergy research continues march toward energy independence
- New study charts the global invasion of crop pests
- Crop markets are mixed to higher at the start of the trading week