House Ag Committee farm bill mark-up announced
Official word came late Thursday that the House Agriculture Committee will mark up its version of long-term farm policy on May 15.
Senate Agriculture Committee Chairwoman Debbie Stabenow (D-Mich.) had expressed hope her panel would mark up a bill in April, though just one legislative week remains in the month.
The current one-year extension of the 2008 Farm Bill expires on Sept. 30.
- Livestock futures tumble Wednesday morning
- Agreement to deliver real time data and precision analytics
- Trading firms' dispute with Monsanto threatens Brazil's soy sales
- Invasive weed increasingly taking hold in Kansas
- Resilient Agriculture Conference now open to crop advisors
- Deep tillage buries weed seeds that can’t be killed by herbicides