Hintzsche Fertilizer acquires Walter Seed and Fertilizer
Effective Feb. 8, Hintzsche Fertilizer Inc. acquired Walter Seed and Fertilizer Inc., located in Grand Ridge, Ill. This well-established agriculture retailer has been in business for nearly 40 years, serving growers in LaSalle and surrounding counties. This organization was founded by Walter siblings, John, Roger, Larry and Joanne. John and Roger will continue to manage and oversee the operations.
“We are excited about this opportunity and look forward to the expansion of our business and the synergies it will provide,” said David Hintzsche, CEO and president of Hintzsche Fertilizer. “Our ultimate goal is to gain the trust and respect of the Walter growers, and provide them with excellent products and services now and in the future.”
- New platform to simplify inventory and fertilizer sales
- Cheminova’s dimethoate 4E receives 2(EE) recommendation
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- Potential impact of climate change on rangeland plants
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed again Thursday morning
- Economy, job market reaps benefits from RFS
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants