Hintzsche Fertilizer acquires Walter Seed and Fertilizer
Effective Feb. 8, Hintzsche Fertilizer Inc. acquired Walter Seed and Fertilizer Inc., located in Grand Ridge, Ill. This well-established agriculture retailer has been in business for nearly 40 years, serving growers in LaSalle and surrounding counties. This organization was founded by Walter siblings, John, Roger, Larry and Joanne. John and Roger will continue to manage and oversee the operations.
“We are excited about this opportunity and look forward to the expansion of our business and the synergies it will provide,” said David Hintzsche, CEO and president of Hintzsche Fertilizer. “Our ultimate goal is to gain the trust and respect of the Walter growers, and provide them with excellent products and services now and in the future.”
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?