Hintzsche Fertilizer acquires Walter Seed and Fertilizer
Effective Feb. 8, Hintzsche Fertilizer Inc. acquired Walter Seed and Fertilizer Inc., located in Grand Ridge, Ill. This well-established agriculture retailer has been in business for nearly 40 years, serving growers in LaSalle and surrounding counties. This organization was founded by Walter siblings, John, Roger, Larry and Joanne. John and Roger will continue to manage and oversee the operations.
“We are excited about this opportunity and look forward to the expansion of our business and the synergies it will provide,” said David Hintzsche, CEO and president of Hintzsche Fertilizer. “Our ultimate goal is to gain the trust and respect of the Walter growers, and provide them with excellent products and services now and in the future.”
- Sign-up begins for USDA disaster assistance programs
- Grain futures lagged the other ag markets Wednesday
- Pacific Coast Terminals and K+S Potash Canada sign agreement
- Soy, cotton futures led the ag markets Wednesday morning
- Monthly fertilizer prices: Comparing 2014 through 2009
- USDA releases April water supply forecast for the West
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants