Hintzsche Fertilizer acquires Walter Seed and Fertilizer
Effective Feb. 8, Hintzsche Fertilizer Inc. acquired Walter Seed and Fertilizer Inc., located in Grand Ridge, Ill. This well-established agriculture retailer has been in business for nearly 40 years, serving growers in LaSalle and surrounding counties. This organization was founded by Walter siblings, John, Roger, Larry and Joanne. John and Roger will continue to manage and oversee the operations.
“We are excited about this opportunity and look forward to the expansion of our business and the synergies it will provide,” said David Hintzsche, CEO and president of Hintzsche Fertilizer. “Our ultimate goal is to gain the trust and respect of the Walter growers, and provide them with excellent products and services now and in the future.”
- Try to apply fall herbicide treatments before December
- USDA to improve rural telecommunications infrastructure
- Slow U.S. grain harvest, fast use easing squeeze on storage
- Yara expands fertilizer capacity in Porsgrunn, Norway
- Xanthion In-furrow fungicide receives registration
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed Wednesday night
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta
- Berman: Camouflaged activists threaten agriculture