Hertz acquires Swires Land & Management
Hertz Farm Management, Inc. announced that Bob Swires merged his business, Swires Land & Management Company, located in Danville, Ill., with Hertz effective Jan. 1, 2013.
This marks Hertz Farm Management’s 17th office and further expands its presence in Illinois, adding more than 23,000 acres under management.
“The Danville office is strategically located relative to our other Illinois offices at Monticello, Kankakee, Dekalb and Geneseo. Swires Land & Management Company and Hertz Farm Management’s philosophy of providing top quality personal service makes this an excellent fit for our companies and our clients,” said Loyd Brown, president of Hertz Farm Management. “We are excited to welcome Bob and his clients into the Hertz organization and look forward to working together.”
With 40 years of experience as a professional farm manager, appraiser, and farm real estate broker, Swires founded Swires Land & Management Company in 2002. He will continue in this role with Hertz. Swires Land & Management Company’s office administrator, Diane Andrews, will also join the Hertz team in Danville, which will maintain its current location at 112 N. Vermilion Street.
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Earth can sustain more plant growth than previously thought
- Bayer CropScience highlights upcoming farming innovations
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- U.S. Farmers & Ranchers Alliance launches new campaign
- Researchers find boron facilitates stem cell growth in corn
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease