Hertz acquires Swires Land & Management
Hertz Farm Management, Inc. announced that Bob Swires merged his business, Swires Land & Management Company, located in Danville, Ill., with Hertz effective Jan. 1, 2013.
This marks Hertz Farm Management’s 17th office and further expands its presence in Illinois, adding more than 23,000 acres under management.
“The Danville office is strategically located relative to our other Illinois offices at Monticello, Kankakee, Dekalb and Geneseo. Swires Land & Management Company and Hertz Farm Management’s philosophy of providing top quality personal service makes this an excellent fit for our companies and our clients,” said Loyd Brown, president of Hertz Farm Management. “We are excited to welcome Bob and his clients into the Hertz organization and look forward to working together.”
With 40 years of experience as a professional farm manager, appraiser, and farm real estate broker, Swires founded Swires Land & Management Company in 2002. He will continue in this role with Hertz. Swires Land & Management Company’s office administrator, Diane Andrews, will also join the Hertz team in Danville, which will maintain its current location at 112 N. Vermilion Street.
- Report finds ag employers can’t fill STEM jobs
- Free webinar for ag retailers on strip tillage
- White House agenda on climate change impacts to natural resources
- Improved harvest weather is weighing on the crop markets Monday
- NGFA reiterates need for STB to change rail fuel surcharge rule
- 2014 World Food Prize awarded to Dr. Sanjaya Rajaram
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- USDA releases 2012 cash rents data report
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Resistant weeds not controlled by fall residuals