Herbicide resistance meetings return at ISU
In response to rapidly expanding problems associated with herbicide resistant weeds, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will conduct a second series of meetings in November and December to address the issue. The meetings will provide information about the causes of herbicide-resistant weed populations, objectively evaluate weed management programs currently used in Iowa, and support the development of durable weed management programs. Registration at each location opens at 8:30 a.m., the program begin at 9 a.m. and will conclude with a noon meal.
There is no cost to attend this program; however, advance registration is appreciated for meeting logistics and lunch counts. Additional information regarding the program and online registration is available at www.aep.iastate.edu/weeds.
- Nov. 20–Decorah – The Oaks Steakhouse
- Dec. 4 – Ottumwa – Bridgeview Center
- Dec. 18 – Clear Lake – Best Western Holiday Lodge
- Dec. 19 – Wall Lake – Community Center
- Dece. 20 – Red Oak – Red Coach Inn
- Fall tests for nematodes help keep crops healthy
- National Agricultural Genotyping Center announces partnership
- Surging soy, U.S. dollar quotes highlight Friday futures trading
- EU’s leading plant scientists call for action to defend research
- Digi-Star introduces WeighLog hydraulic weighing system
- Surging U.S. dollar values weighed on ag markets Friday morning