Herbicide resistance meetings return at ISU
In response to rapidly expanding problems associated with herbicide resistant weeds, Iowa State University Extension and Outreach will conduct a second series of meetings in November and December to address the issue. The meetings will provide information about the causes of herbicide-resistant weed populations, objectively evaluate weed management programs currently used in Iowa, and support the development of durable weed management programs. Registration at each location opens at 8:30 a.m., the program begin at 9 a.m. and will conclude with a noon meal.
There is no cost to attend this program; however, advance registration is appreciated for meeting logistics and lunch counts. Additional information regarding the program and online registration is available at www.aep.iastate.edu/weeds.
- Nov. 20–Decorah – The Oaks Steakhouse
- Dec. 4 – Ottumwa – Bridgeview Center
- Dec. 18 – Clear Lake – Best Western Holiday Lodge
- Dec. 19 – Wall Lake – Community Center
- Dece. 20 – Red Oak – Red Coach Inn
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.