Hemisphere GPS sells non-ag operations, changes name
As part of the previously announced restructuring plan, the company has completed the transition of its Calgary-based manufacturing activities to its external manufacturing partner, and is closing its Calgary-based manufacturing activities effective today. The transition of the Company's head office to Hiawatha, Kan., continues, and the Calgary location will be officially closed on May 31, 2013. Other progress on restructuring activities has been positive and costs associated with the restructuring are expected to come in below previously announced estimates. The company does not require additional capital to complete the restructuring.
Upon completion, savings from the overall restructuring are estimated to be approximately $7 million per annum through reduced manufacturing costs, improved gross margins and reduced operating overhead.
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- WinField introduces Answer Tech and Data Silo
- Ohio’s largest Deere dealer to sell precision drone products
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease