Hemisphere GPS sells non-ag operations, changes name
As part of the previously announced restructuring plan, the company has completed the transition of its Calgary-based manufacturing activities to its external manufacturing partner, and is closing its Calgary-based manufacturing activities effective today. The transition of the Company's head office to Hiawatha, Kan., continues, and the Calgary location will be officially closed on May 31, 2013. Other progress on restructuring activities has been positive and costs associated with the restructuring are expected to come in below previously announced estimates. The company does not require additional capital to complete the restructuring.
Upon completion, savings from the overall restructuring are estimated to be approximately $7 million per annum through reduced manufacturing costs, improved gross margins and reduced operating overhead.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants