H.J. Baker’s Irricana facility to manufacture sulphur fertilizer
H.J. Baker announced its Tiger-Sul Products (Canada) Co. subsidiary has closed on its new Irricana, Alberta, Canada facility.
Efforts are already underway on upgrades necessary to bring the new plant on line as a sulphur bentonite fertilizer production facility and adding capabilities such as sulphur forming in the future.
Dave Hans, director, fertilizer marketing & product development for H.J. Baker’s Tiger-Sul Products stated: “We are very excited about this facility. Not only will it be a top tier manufacturing facility with improved transportation logistics, including multi car rail spur. It will also be where we showcase the innovative work H.J. Baker’s Tiger-Sul Products is doing. We will have an enhanced Research & Development facility and test-plots on site where we can see first-hand how our products help improve crop health and increase yield. We anticipate that this facility will be a strategic location for our sought-after Tiger-Sul University continuing education programs. We believe Irricana is a key to our future and will showcase our commitment to Ag Retailers and growers.”
The Irricana facility is located 46 miles north of the Calgary plant. Originally constructed in 1998, it was design for sulphur processing. The location includes 20 acres of developed area and 31 acres of undeveloped land that will be used for test plots and R&D. The main manufacturing facility has 18,000 square feet of processing area with 18,000 square feet of storage area. The site includes a 7,400 square foot administration and operations building, which will also house Tiger-Sul University classrooms and R&D lab space.
With more than 20 locations throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico, H.J. Baker has been mobilizing resources and providing outstanding products and services to the agriculture industry throughout the world. The company's strategically located processing plants, offices and warehouses create a super-efficient pipeline for the vital commodities and products that it sources, manufactures and markets. H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.'s headquarteres are in Westport, Conn.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Direct Drive Rotary Blend Systems
Doyle Equipment Manufacturing Co.