H.J. Baker purchases sulphur production facility
H.J. Baker & Bro. Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Tiger-Sul Products (Canada) Co. announced that Tiger-Sul Products has purchased a sulphur processing facility in Irricana, Alberta, Canada.
The Irricana facility, originally constructed in 1998, was designed and built for sulphur processing. It is located 46 miles from Calgary and has 20 acres of developed area and 31 acres of undeveloped land. The main manufacturing facility has 18,000 square feet of processing area with 18,000 square feet of storage area. The site includes a 7,400 square foot administration and operations building. In addition, the site includes a large rail spur which will allow for accessible transportation to meet customer’s transportation and logistics needs.
Tiger-Sul Products (Canada) Co.’s new Irricana facility will increase their capability to supply sulphur bentonite fertilizer products to the industry.
Christopher Smith, president & CEO of H.J. Baker, said: “Increased demand for our sulphur bentonite products means increased production. Our new facility in Irricana not only allows for increased production to meet customer demand, but gives us additional space for R & D that will be used to develop new and innovative products that meet the nutritional needs of today’s high production crops.”
H.J. Baker had been looking for alternate sites to relocate Tiger-Sul Products’ Calgary facility to meet projected long term growth. The site in nearby Irricana will allow them to meet that demand without interruption as well as consider adding capabilities, including sulphur forming.
“Successful agribusinesses are stepping up their operations to keep up with customer demand," Smith said. "Our customers need an efficient and reliable supply of top quality product. This facility will allow us to meet that demand.”
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
A.J. Sackett Loss-In-Weight Blend Systems
A.J. Sackett Sons & Company