Guides to understanding the farm bill
To help farmers and ranchers understand the new provisions in the Agricultural Act of 2014, the Farm Service Agency (FSA) has outlined the information in a fact sheet.
Adjusted gross income (AGI), payment limitations compliance, marketing assistance loans (MALs), disaster programs and dairy programs are explained. Details for base allocation and yield updates, along with Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC), also are included.
Farmers and ranchers are encouraged to speak with their local FSA office for information specific to their area.
- Soil testing, nutrient application practices of Ohio ag retailers
- Farmers’ biggest issue may be consumer expectations in the future
- EPA launches voluntary rating program to reduce spray drift
- Corn harvest slogs along to 31%
- Bayer CropScience wheat variety trials commence in U.K.
- $3.6M to assist California farmers with drought
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?