Guides to understanding the farm bill
To help farmers and ranchers understand the new provisions in the Agricultural Act of 2014, the Farm Service Agency (FSA) has outlined the information in a fact sheet.
Adjusted gross income (AGI), payment limitations compliance, marketing assistance loans (MALs), disaster programs and dairy programs are explained. Details for base allocation and yield updates, along with Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC), also are included.
Farmers and ranchers are encouraged to speak with their local FSA office for information specific to their area.
- Seed coating materials market worth $1,426.78 million by 2019
- Major geopolitical trends to impact global agribusiness revealed
- Yara and CF Industries in financial talks
- Ag markets firmed Tuesday morning
- New soybean webcast addresses fungicide resistance
- Leader, scientists call for cooperation in agro-technology
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- Stoller soybean research produces 214 bushels per acre