Guides to understanding the farm bill
To help farmers and ranchers understand the new provisions in the Agricultural Act of 2014, the Farm Service Agency (FSA) has outlined the information in a fact sheet.
Adjusted gross income (AGI), payment limitations compliance, marketing assistance loans (MALs), disaster programs and dairy programs are explained. Details for base allocation and yield updates, along with Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC), also are included.
Farmers and ranchers are encouraged to speak with their local FSA office for information specific to their area.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Pinnacle Agriculture, Tecomate Wildlife form alliance