Guides to understanding the farm bill
To help farmers and ranchers understand the new provisions in the Agricultural Act of 2014, the Farm Service Agency (FSA) has outlined the information in a fact sheet.
Adjusted gross income (AGI), payment limitations compliance, marketing assistance loans (MALs), disaster programs and dairy programs are explained. Details for base allocation and yield updates, along with Price Loss Coverage (PLC) and Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC), also are included.
Farmers and ranchers are encouraged to speak with their local FSA office for information specific to their area.
- New calculator can help soybean farmers with seed decisions
- U.S., Brazil close to ending cotton trade rift
- U.S.-Japan trade talks hit new farm exports snag
- Ag markets posted a general comeback Wednesday
- Midwest grain growers ‘Invest an acre to feed the world’
- Ag markets turned mixed around midsession Wednesday
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?