Growmark system to acquire Meier Oil Products, Manito Transit
Growmark Inc., Bloomington, Ill., announced an agreement has been reached to acquire Meier Oil Products Inc., and Manito Transit. Meier Oil Products Inc. and Manito Transit have been a family owned business since 1936 and their business has consisted of a trucking company, a fuel terminal facility in Ashkum and bulk fuel facilities at Kankakee, Pontiac, Sheldon and Champaign, all in Illinois.
Kevin Carroll, Growmark vice president, Energy, said the acquisition strengthens the Growmark System through collaboration between Evergreen FS, Heritage FS and Illini FS and Growmark Energy.
"This will allow our local companies to work more efficiently as part of the broader Growmark System to serve this expanded market. We have a strong heritage of being a reliable supplier of refined and renewable fuels and lubricants. Adding the Meier Oil business enhances our heritage and provides customers ongoing access to quality products," he said.
Mike Meier, President of Meier Oil Products, noted the transaction reinforces his family's commitment to the community and to superior customer service.
"Growmark, Illini FS, Evergreen FS, and Heritage FS are cooperatives and respected members of the industry and communities we serve. As such, they share our commitment to our employees and to providing quality products at competitive prices. We are honored our customers will have access to a reliable supply of products and can count on ongoing quality customer service," he said.
Meier Oil Products, Inc. and Manito Transit were advised in the transaction by Terry Monroe of American Business Brokers, Effingham, Ill and Bill Fecht of WJF Services Inc., Normal, Ill.
- EIA expects global oil consumption to grow in 2014
- Soy, wheat markets surged Tuesday
- Work underway to improve malting barley quality
- Commentary: Water police, part two: EPA proposal won't help ag
- Ukraine-Russia situation apparently boosted wheat futures again
- New and cool thought-leadership opportunities with LinkedIn
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Climate change will reduce crop yields sooner than we thought
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants