Growmark acquires Magellan Canton, SD Propane Terminal
Growmark, Inc., Bloomington, Ill., has acquired the Canton, SD Propane Terminal from Magellan Pipeline Company, L.P. This acquisition will bolster Growmarks’s access to propane, expand its propane storage capacity, and enhance Growmark’s ability to provide a reliable supply of propane to its members and customers. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Kevin Carroll, Growmark Vice President, Energy and Logistics, said the acquisition provides a strategic opportunity for both our wholesale and retail propane businesses. “Our retail division, STAR Energy, recently acquired Siouxland Propane, expanding our footprint into the South Dakota geography. This terminal will support the expanded footprint and enhance our supply for other areas of our System. It’s a strategic move that strengthens our presence in this geography.”
The Canton, SD facility provides storage capacity of more than 300,000 gallons and capability to fill two semi-truck tanks simultaneously. The terminal is adjacent to the BNSF railroad, and Growmark plans to upgrade the facility with rail receiving capability.
- Researchers find boron facilitates stem cell growth in corn
- Novozymes and Monsanto showcase new ag innovations
- Case IH introduces real-time AFS Connect 2.0
- Bayer CropScience plans 2015 release of new corn herbicide
- Valmont acquires majority stake in AgSense
- DuPont announces investment in seed treatment solutions
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease