Growmark acquires Magellan Canton, SD Propane Terminal
Growmark, Inc., Bloomington, Ill., has acquired the Canton, SD Propane Terminal from Magellan Pipeline Company, L.P. This acquisition will bolster Growmarks’s access to propane, expand its propane storage capacity, and enhance Growmark’s ability to provide a reliable supply of propane to its members and customers. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Kevin Carroll, Growmark Vice President, Energy and Logistics, said the acquisition provides a strategic opportunity for both our wholesale and retail propane businesses. “Our retail division, STAR Energy, recently acquired Siouxland Propane, expanding our footprint into the South Dakota geography. This terminal will support the expanded footprint and enhance our supply for other areas of our System. It’s a strategic move that strengthens our presence in this geography.”
The Canton, SD facility provides storage capacity of more than 300,000 gallons and capability to fill two semi-truck tanks simultaneously. The terminal is adjacent to the BNSF railroad, and Growmark plans to upgrade the facility with rail receiving capability.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Growth Points: Big data is about to get even bigger
- Update on the world’s 15 largest seed banks
Vertical Floor Blenders