Growmark acquires Magellan Canton, SD Propane Terminal
Growmark, Inc., Bloomington, Ill., has acquired the Canton, SD Propane Terminal from Magellan Pipeline Company, L.P. This acquisition will bolster Growmarks’s access to propane, expand its propane storage capacity, and enhance Growmark’s ability to provide a reliable supply of propane to its members and customers. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
Kevin Carroll, Growmark Vice President, Energy and Logistics, said the acquisition provides a strategic opportunity for both our wholesale and retail propane businesses. “Our retail division, STAR Energy, recently acquired Siouxland Propane, expanding our footprint into the South Dakota geography. This terminal will support the expanded footprint and enhance our supply for other areas of our System. It’s a strategic move that strengthens our presence in this geography.”
The Canton, SD facility provides storage capacity of more than 300,000 gallons and capability to fill two semi-truck tanks simultaneously. The terminal is adjacent to the BNSF railroad, and Growmark plans to upgrade the facility with rail receiving capability.
- Adequate rhizobia populations help protect soybean yields
- In-season imagery helps farmers grow and protect healthy crops
- Ag markets proved rather volatile Wednesday afternoon
- Farm Bill enables record USDA investments in rural water systems
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Do soybeans need N fertilizer?
- Commentary: Blame anti-GMO groups for deaths
- Julie Borlaug says biotech is necessary in fight against hunger
- What does “sustainable” food and agriculture really mean?
- Ohio bill to require certification to apply fertilizer
- FCC aims to offer high-speed internet to rural America
- Carbon-dioxide hurts nitrogen assimilation by plants