Growmark System to celebrate Cooperative Month
Growmark, FS, and other cooperatives across the United States will celebrate cooperative enterprise and the contributions cooperatives make to social and economic development this October as part of National Co-op Month.
In addition to National Co-op Month, the Growmark System is also celebrating its 85th anniversary in 2012, and participating in the year-long International Year of Cooperatives as designated by the United Nations.
The theme of Co-op Month, and the International Year of Cooperatives, is “Cooperative Enterprises Build a Better World,” which reflects the contributions cooperatives make to their members and communities.
Nearly 3,000 farmer cooperatives, like Growmark, FS, and grain member cooperatives, account for as many as 300,000 jobs worldwide and a total payroll of more than $8 billion.
- Kites, balloon collect aerial data for soybean drought tolerance
- Researchers explore early corn planting
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Biofuel groups press White House on more than just 2014 targets
- Ag markets moved mostly lower Thursday night
- Protecting pollinators from insecticide exposure
- Don’t link bird decline and use of neonicotinoids
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease
- Comments end for Enlist Duo but not the fight
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Look at fertilizer pricing 2013 vs. 2014