Growmark System to celebrate Cooperative Month
Growmark, FS, and other cooperatives across the United States will celebrate cooperative enterprise and the contributions cooperatives make to social and economic development this October as part of National Co-op Month.
In addition to National Co-op Month, the Growmark System is also celebrating its 85th anniversary in 2012, and participating in the year-long International Year of Cooperatives as designated by the United Nations.
The theme of Co-op Month, and the International Year of Cooperatives, is “Cooperative Enterprises Build a Better World,” which reflects the contributions cooperatives make to their members and communities.
Nearly 3,000 farmer cooperatives, like Growmark, FS, and grain member cooperatives, account for as many as 300,000 jobs worldwide and a total payroll of more than $8 billion.
- AFBF: What EPA isn’t telling you about its latest CWA rule
- Rentech Nitrogen Partners to supply TKI with ammonia
- CF Industries’ Woodward N complex shut down for repairs
- EPA reorganizes OPP’s registration division
- USDA to provide $4 million for honey bee habitat
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- DuPont Crop Protection to sell certain assets to Bayer
- ValueAct buys stake in fertilizer dealer Agrium
- Critics of Dow herbicide sue U.S. EPA over approval
- Six tips to help professionals take leaps of faith
- Nitrogen fertilization rates for corn production
- Landmark Services Co-op, Curry Seeds sign agreement