Growmark System to celebrate Cooperative Month
Growmark, FS, and other cooperatives across the United States will celebrate cooperative enterprise and the contributions cooperatives make to social and economic development this October as part of National Co-op Month.
In addition to National Co-op Month, the Growmark System is also celebrating its 85th anniversary in 2012, and participating in the year-long International Year of Cooperatives as designated by the United Nations.
The theme of Co-op Month, and the International Year of Cooperatives, is “Cooperative Enterprises Build a Better World,” which reflects the contributions cooperatives make to their members and communities.
Nearly 3,000 farmer cooperatives, like Growmark, FS, and grain member cooperatives, account for as many as 300,000 jobs worldwide and a total payroll of more than $8 billion.
- Ag markets posted a mixed showing before the long weekend
- Central American farmers generate energy from coffee wastewater
- Big potential in China for U.S. corn, livestock exports
- Outback Guidance introduces next generation auto steer systems
- Ag markets proved quite mixed again Friday morning
- Court ruling in Hawaii finds that crop protection is state law