Growers Edge releases new free iPad app
Growers Edge continues to innovate with new technology from text messaging services to smartphone apps and now the free iPad app. The Growers Edge iPad app, available now in the App Store, includes Profit Analyzer, local & best cash prices, pin pointed weather and many additional features to help growers make more informed profitability decisions anytime, anywhere.
"We value our users feedback, they asked for an iPad app and we delivered." said Craig Mouchka, president of Growers Edge.
"Our farmers are utilizing technology to increase efficiency and generate higher profits with Growers Edge. The accessibility of Growers Edge on the iPad allows the farmer to have information readily available to make decisions that positively affect his profitability."
Growers Edge iPad App features include:
• Local & Best Cash Prices - Cash prices are pulled in from more than 5,000 locations across the country for spot and forward contract prices in the farmer's area. The best cash price is then determined by calculating trucking costs per mile and factoring in storage costs.
• Risk Management - Profit Analyzer allows the farmer to assess his risk management plan and test "what if" scenarios that take into consideration crop insurance, input cost, price, and yield variables to see the profit impact his farming operation.
• Pin Pointed Weather - Personalized weather provides farmers with precipitation, radar, temperature, wind speed & direction, growing degree days and soil conditions for his farm and field locations. Local, regional and national weather maps provide forecasts and conditions to help farmers stay apprised as to what is occurring across the country.
• Markets - Market details and charts provide futures, options, stocks, grains livestock, energies and much more to keep farmers informed as the market changes.
• Commentary - Agricultural commentary helps the busy farmer on the go stay informed.
Growers can access the Growers Edge iPad app for free from the App Store or by registering at www.growersedge.com.
Growers-edge.com provides farmers with a one-stop resource for their business and marketing needs, for free. To date, more than 28,000 farmers are using growers-edge.com to help enhance their profits.
For more information, and to sign up for the My Weather Report and other free features from Growers Edge, go to www.growersedge.com.
- Boxers or Briefs? Underwear buried to demonstrate unhealthy soil
- Tire makers race to turn dandelions into rubber
- Toro releases guide for using micro-sprinklers for IPM
- USDA to fund $25 million in value-added producer grants
- Crop futures mostly higher, livestock prices stabilizing
- Suppress Palmer pigweed with a ryegrass cover crop
- Deere to lay off more than 600 at four U.S. plants
- Slow pace of rail recovery stirs fear of future woes
- The four pillars of seeing opportunities in problems
- New DuPont Afforia herbicide introduced for soybeans
- Cooperative exits retail and automotive business
- RTK brings higher level of accuracy to farmers
- No El Niño in 2014? Drought-weary California in trouble
- Suspected Bt corn rootworm resistance in Pennsylvania
- BioNitrogen to build second fertilizer plant in Texas
- Commentary: Setting the record straight on 'Waters of the U.S.'
- Soybean aphid numbers on the rise
- Solar energy jobs increase, wind power decrease