Golden Acres Genetics to distribute Catalyst seed for Syngenta
Syngenta announced that Catalyst brand corn hybrids also will be distributed by Golden Acres Genetics in the South for the 2013 planting season.
“Syngenta is pleased to announce that Southern farmers now have an additional access point in acquiring our high-quality germplasm and Agrisure® trait technology through Catalyst brand corn hybrids,” said David Morgan, president of Syngenta Seeds, Inc. “Our distribution agreement with Golden Acres Genetics provides growers with this additional access while working with their local seed supplier.”
Golden Acres Genetics, formed in 1999, focuses specifically on serving the needs of Southern farmers. Based in Waco, Texas, Golden Acres Genetics will distribute the new Catalyst brand corn seed from Syngenta beginning with the 2013 growing season.
“Golden Acres Genetics selects the best performing hybrids for Southern corn fields, and we are excited to add Catalyst brand corn hybrids to our corn seed lineup,” said Lou Buice, president of Golden Acres Genetics.
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- Economist: Taxing P could reduce risk of algal blooms
- Commentary: Government wants farmers to quit farming
- Ag markets made a generally mixed showing Thursday night
- What is the relationship between maturity group, yield?
- Commentary: Ambulance-chaser lawyers take on Syngenta