GfK acquires two of Context Network's databases
Effective Jan. 2, GfK's Animal and Crop Health division closed on the asset acquisition of the Global Seed Market Database (GSMD) and the Global Seed Sector Outlooks (GSSO) for major global field and vegetable crops from Context Network LLC.
As the needs for business intelligence evolve from tracking crop input markets to monitoring and forecasting emerging crop management solutions, this asset integration enhances GfK market insights in the global seed market, complementing its similar industry-leading presence in the global crop protection market.
Since 1992, Context Network has been providing business management and strategy consulting services to leading agriculture, biotechnology, biofuels, food companies, government agencies and institutions across the world.
As a USA-based firm located in West Des Moines, Iowa, Context has, alongside its consulting activities, supported the seed industry by providing comprehensive multi-client reports that track and forecast commercial biotechnology traits and seed volumes.
The acquisition structure ensures a full commitment from both companies for a seamless transfer of the assets, with Context supporting a number of key aspects of the acquired studies through the transition period of their production. Consequently, clients can expect uninterrupted continuity of the service in 2013, with benefits created from the integration of GfK expertise already being planned for the years to come.
Senior executives from both companies are delighted to have completed this asset acquisition, citing its transfer as a milestone accomplishment. GfK and Context are committed to being the premier providers of market research and insights. This agreement enables both companies to focus on their unique strengths as providers of improved market insights and consulting services, as well as opening doors for closer working relations in the future.
- Fat molecules influence function of key photosynthesis protein
- Monsanto honored for efforts in developing agriculture in Vietnam
- Corn stocks top 1.2 billion bushels
- Ag markets posted mixed reactions to the USDA reports
- Junge Control introduces Zone Automation
- UAV maker PrecisionHawk receives $10 million in financing
- U.S. GMO labeling foes triple spending in first half of this year
- Source shows half of GMO research is independent
- Activists fighting Golden Rice even more in 2014
- White House issues veto threat on bill to block WOTUS rule
- How much corn can the ethanol industry use?
- East-West Seed signs marketing collaboration with Monsanto