The Peterson brothers are back!
Watch out YouTube – the Peterson brothers are back, and this time they are bringing agriculture to consumers through the popularity of PSY’s “Gangnam Style.” From galloping on hay bales to feeding cattle, the video connects family farming with pop culture.
Among the lyrics:
“We love agriculture, and we want the world to know it”
“We all need farmers to provide us with our food, food, food, food!”
“Farmers are working harder than you might imagine/ But that is just because we have a job that is our passion.”
The video, “Farmer Style,” was published on Dec. 4 and had been seen by more than 8.5 million views in one week.
Considering that their last parody of "I'm Sexy and I Know It" went viral earlier this summer and has since been viewed more than 7.7 million times on YouTube, there is little doubt that this will also quickly become popular among agricultural producers and consumers.
In addition to the Petersons, other agriculture-related parodies have become a major hit among both supports and agriculture producers, including these three from 2011:
- August: A dairy herd manager named Derik Milanesio responded to another hit parody from a farmer gloating of all the “chicks” on his farm. His music video focused on his dairy “girls” was a huge hit.
- October: An advertisement for Yeo Valley Organic in England become an Internet sensation thanks to 'Forever' by boy band The Churned
- November: A group of high school students created an online music rap video to showcase a local dairy.
Self-contained hydraulic system with power cables (hydraulic). Tandem Henschen axles (hydraulic). Hydraulic fenders. Manual or hydraulic tilt. 6,500-gallon tank.
- Dry weather, biofuel mandate to boost palm prices in 2014
- 2014 Farm Bill: Reallocating base acreage
- FAS administrator talks world ag export situation
- The Beige Book is out. The agriculture picture is not rosy
- New precision potassium fertilizer from AgroLiquid
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Are you in favor of a federal labeling standard for food that might contain genetically modified ingredients?
- Commentary: Barking up the wrong tree
- Water allocation for most drought-stricken Calif. farms to end
- Larson Electronics offers 150 Watt LED high bay light fixture
- Panama says 'go' to GM mosquito evaluation
- Conference to address “What’s Next for Farmland Values”
Fertilizer Conveying Systems
Waconia Manufacturing Inc.